Name:

cafegirl is a working artist and graduate student with utterly appalling work habits and a very old laptop. This blog is specifically intended for graduate school writing assignments. If you have wandered in from my other blog, please note that I am blogging anonymously. Please remember that my classmates and professors read this - so play nicely. That being said, I DO encourage comments!!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Moribana Style: Three Examples








Moribana Upright Style, J.A. Johnson








Moribana Upright Style, J.A. Johnson

























Moribana Water-reflecting Style,J.A.Johnson

4 Comments:

Blogger George Peterson said...

These are all really pretty.

7:55 PM  
Blogger cafegirl said...

Thank you. It was great fun and I encourage everyone to try this for themselves.

Thanks to the handy diagrams in most books on the subject, the placement and proportion problems are already worked out for you. That leaves you free to experience the materials themselves and give them a new vitality.

In the process, you will learn about the plants themselves. Not just how they look but how they grow. You learn about their inner qualities and try to bring that out in the arrangement.

9:55 PM  
Blogger sfitzgerald said...

I studied Ikebana for a short semester credit while I was earning my BS in Horticulture. I have to tell you I learned so much more from your presentation. You did a great job and your arrangement choices are fantastic. Youe are right it is a lot of fun, and a great form of self expression.

5:55 PM  
Blogger cafegirl said...

sfitzgerald~

Where did you take classes? I haven't found any place out our way. Lots of bonsai but no ikebana.

The Diane Norman book was the clearest and most concise of the books that I used in preparing the presentation. I heartily recommend it.

Thank you for your kind words!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home