Name:

cafegirl is a working artist and graduate student with utterly appalling work habits and a very old laptop. This blog is specifically intended for graduate school writing assignments. If you have wandered in from my other blog, please note that I am blogging anonymously. Please remember that my classmates and professors read this - so play nicely. That being said, I DO encourage comments!!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rumi: Part 2


Some nights stay up until dawn,
as the moon sometimes does for the sun.
Be a full bucket pulled up the dark way
of a well, then lifted out into the light.




I am a night person, myself.
I don't go to sleep until the small hours of the morning because that's just how I'm wired. Still, even for me, staying up til dawn is special and memorable.

It's an event.

To me, one of the greatest things in the world is to stay up all night - charged by work, or love, or friendly chat til dawn or crying on the shoulder of the cosmos.

You walk out into the world exhilarated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home